I have to do some business here: Jodie R. I only have your UK email address! I have an email for you but it came back to me…same goes for Randi Jo! FYI: My email address is under my “About Me” section on the left…
I have to confess that as far as blogging goes, I really only know how to type…Jason is the one that added the pictures and links and changed the polka dots to match Noah’s room. Early on, people would ask me questions and only until several months ago did it occur to me that I could post a comment on my own blog in response to a question. I’ve still never done that. In fact, at my old job when I carried a pager, the days I lost it, I would call our office secretary and ask her to please page me…she would sweetly say, “Of course I can do that, but you could call it, too…” Technology + Me = Scary Stuff Sometimes. Some people sent me ‘Me Me’s’ (did I spell that right) and I didn’t respond because I didn’t know what a meme was…Some kind readers awarded me blog awards and nominations but I didn’t know what it meant (only do to an extent still) or how to link their ‘kudos’. An old friend from college wanted to nominate Noah’s blog last year for the Blogger’s Choice Awards but she waited for my cue and I never gave the ‘go’. I really wanted to share God’s love in whatever venue He opened up but life got busy and I never got around to it. Regarding that, she wanted to nominate the blog for either ‘Best Religion Blog’ or ‘Best Parenting Blog’. Really, it’s difficult for me to think that Noah’s blog fits into any category since I’m, well, scattered, and, to put it frankly, I can’t imagine that taking one’s child off a ventilator merits ‘Best Parenting’. (I said it, you didn’t, so don’t feel badly…).
This is a random post, but thought I should cover a little business. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do a question and answer post, really about anything. I’m a very open person and love to talk about life, love, hardships, heaven, opinions, religion, health, grieving, friendship, scripture, whatever. No, I don’t think I am “Dear Abby” or anything, but I didn’t want people to think I was ignoring questions from over a year ago or even just recently. And, honestly, I love encouraging people and helping others wrestle through the hard stuff, just as others have stood by me.
I thought I’d throw it out there and see what happens.
And, in case anyone wanted to know, here’s a ‘Meme‘ to get the ball rolling:
- I like all things chocolate.
- My eyes are blue green.
- I’ve always said I was 5’10” but I’m 5’9 1/2″
- I was born in OH 1972, moved to CA for one year, back to OH until 1978, on to AZ, then to MI for one year of HS, back to AZ until 1990, then to OK for college, up to MN for 7 years, then to CO 6 years ago. (No, I was not a military kid.)
- This summer I celebrate 15 years of marriage to my best friend.
- I grew up as a competitive swimmer and played basketball in HS. We won state.
- Majored in: Theology with a Missions emphasis. Minored in: Espanol.
- I’ve been to 4 continents. I hope to hit a 5th next summer with my family loving on orphans and digging water wells.
- I’m a middle kid. No, I don’t feel ignored or like any less of a person. Yes, I am a peacemaker…for the most part.
- I wear black most days, not because I am in mourning, though, I suppose that’s appropriate, but because it’s slimming, and, though I’m tall and can hide my weight, black helps me out.
- I hate wearing sleeveless shirts. (See above)
- My favorite food is any kind of vegetable. I love most veggies, except not a fan of collard greens…tried that once…not so much. I’m not a vegetarian, though…I love meat! I’m an O blood type, so I crave protein.
- I would much rather read than watch TV.
- I’ve wanted to go to Australia ever since 2nd grade because of the influence of my great teacher, Miss Kitzmiller. Hopefully that will make continent number 6.
- I hate running. I like people who run, but I would much rather walk, ride my bike, ski, swim, or skip or gallop! No running! College mandatory 5k’s every semester had a negative effect on me.
- My parents have been married for over 40 years.
- I’ve been invited to use Facebook but don’t really get how to do it. (Again, see the equation above…)
- In Russia, my goal on the subways was to make strangers smile back at me. Everyone was frowning!
- I used to fear heights. If anyone from TM remembers the day I was on the ‘Pamper Pole’ for 45 minutes, well, I did it again 10 years later and jumped right off! I had had a child by then, so a stinking pamper pole was a piece of cake!
- Obvious one: Favorite band of all time…U2.
- I want to walk a marathon, perhaps this summer, in memory of Noah and to raise funds for several charities…I’ll post on this soon.
- I played the Viola in 4th grade. I can’t read music but wish I could and want to learn how to play piano before Jesus returns.
- I’m a very free flowing person, so structure placed upon me is a good thing.
- I’m an idea person, but don’t always know how to put feet to my ideas and dreams.
- Noah’s delivery was AWESOME! Jason, my little sis, and 3 dear girlfriends got to welcome him into the world. Em’s delivery…well, that was just plain long and painful, but like you hear, once she was born, I forgot about the pain.
- I’m an oxymoron because I am very open but also love my privacy.
- When Jason and I got married it was 122 degrees!
- We said early on in our marriage: Let’s have 2 to 4 kids in 3 to 5 years. We had a miscarriage at 6 years, Emily at 9 years, and Noah at 13 years. Guess you can’t plan some things…
- I have always struggled with my body image. I don’t hate myself, but I’ve always wished I were the skinny sister…
- If I could do anything with this life, I would tell as many people as I can about God’s love for them…so, I guess I’ll just do that.
Random, I know, but hopefully it opens things up for lively discussion. I’m off to AZ with Jason and Em tomorrow for a quick visit to see family, back next Tuesday night. Wednesday home. Thursday at the crack of dawn I leave to share with some ladies in SD. Jason and Em will enjoy a little father daughter time and I’ll enjoy a little me time and some girl time. Have a great weekend!